With 103 medical students from 12 medical schools were in attendance, Family Medicine Interest Day serves to stimulate interest and enthusiasm in the field of Family Medicine. The students began the day at a luncheon where they networked with members of the South Carolina Academy of Family Physicians, faculty and residents from South Carolina’s Family Medicine residency programs.
After lunch, each student attended four hands-on workshops conducted by faculty and residents from South Carolina AHEC’s Family Medicine residency training programs. The hands-on workshops included:
- GYN Procedures (IUD Insertion, Endometrial Biopsy, and Colposcopy) - Anderson
- Joint Injections - Charleston
- Point of Care Ultrasound in Family Medicine - Columbia
- Upper Endoscopy and Colonoscopy by the Family Physician and Bedside Ultrasound - Florence
- Basic Suturing Techniques - Greenville
- Sports Medicine Ultrasound - Greenwood
- Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment/Physical Medicine - Spartanburg
If you would like additional information about the event or the state’s Family Medicine residency programs, please contact South Carolina AHEC Director Recruitment and Retention Programs Kristin Cochran at (843) 792-6977 or email@example.com.