The Department of Family Medicine within the Greenville Health System is honored to host Dr. Jon Patricios, the President of the South African Sports Medicine Society, for a Sports Medicine Symposium on April 21. The symposium is designed to highlight his expertise in the field of head injury and concussions in elite athletes and all are invited to attend.
In addition to Dr. Patricios, participants will hear from national and international experts on some of the hottest topics in sports medicine such as:
- Emerging Management Skills in Athletes who Suffer Spinal Trauma
- The Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes
- The Effect of Sports Medicine on Leading a Healthy Lifestyle
- Performance Enhancement Strategies for Endurance Athletes
- Novel Treatment for Hip Injuries in High-Level Athletes
The Sports Medicine Symposium is geared toward physicians, healthcare professionals and the community and will be held on Tuesday, April 21 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Community Room and the Medical Staff Auditorium located at the Greenville Memorial Hospital on the Main Campus.
This is a free event but interested participants are asked to please R.S.V.P to Lauren Cook by April 15. For additional information and speaker biographies, please Click Here.