|B2B students visit a simulation lab|
September 16. The fall series includes three seminars:
- A Day in the Life: September 16, 2015, 5:00 – 6:30 pm
- Personal Branding & Marketing Yourself: October 21, 2015, 5:00 – 6:30 pm
- Careers in Surgery: November 4, 2015, 5:00 – 6:30 pm
Navigating the pipeline for entry into health professions training programs can be challenging for undergraduates. With decisions ranging from undergraduate course selection, identifying opportunities to enhance the admissions application and securing networking prospects, pre-health careers education and preparation is riddled with options and choices. B2B offers academic and career preparation guidance to support entry into health professions programs.
Since 2012, B2B has worked to promote the recruitment and retention of future health professionals by bridging a gap in the education pipeline. Using live, interactive videoconferencing technology, undergraduates from across the state are able to engage in discussions with researchers, practicing health professionals, health professions educators and each other. Monthly sessions focus on a variety of topics, including health disparity investigation, health professional student panels, pre-health test prep, interprofessional care, and so much more.
Following a recent B2B presentation at Clemson University, Upstate AHEC Health Careers Program Coordinator Nita Donald noted, “Students at Clemson are eager to work with South Carolina AHEC and look forward to strengthening the pipeline program!”
Alpha Epsilon Delta Premedical Honor Society Vice President and Clemson junior Shivani Desai shared, “We learned a lot about South Carolina AHEC from Mrs. Christie’s presentation tonight and look forward to participating in the upcoming B2B sessions and other activities!”
Learn more about B2B at http://scahec.net/hcp/b2b.html or by contacting an undergraduate campus B2B partner:
- Claflin University – Pamela Shuler
- Coastal Carolina University – Dr. Karen Aguirre
- Clemson University – Kathleen Meyer, Shivani Desai and Kristen Lawson
- College of Charleston – Karen Eippert
- Francis Marion University – Dr. Shayna Wrighten
- SC State University – Janae Sweeney
- Winthrop University – Dr. Dwight Dimaculangan
Interested in bringing B2B to your college campus? Contact the South Carolina AHEC Health Careers Program Director Angelica Christie at email@example.com.